Pages

Monday, September 23, 2019

HIP SURGERY


It has been 2 weeks  today. Sometime last week I went to the doctors to see what was happening to my hip. As soon as we arrived to the doctors the nurse called us in. She asked how long has this been like we told her since cross country on Friday. The nurse kept  pushing my leg up and down every 3 seconds she told my family members that I have to go to the Kawakawa hospital that reason is because I may have a sufe. For a second I got a bit worried of what a sufe was and why I had to go to kawakawa hospital for an X-ray.


Later on in the day we  arrived to the Kawakawa hospital to  get my X-ray done to see if I really do have a sufe as soon as we got to the X-ray room I started to worry again. After a while I got called into the  X-ray room they took 5 X-rays on me. After my X-ray we had to see a doctor to check if I need to go to Whangarei hospital. As soon as he said that I have to go to the Whangarei hospital I didn't really feel ok I felt really scared. Before we went to Whangarei hospital I had to get my blood test done to see if there was anything wrong with my blood.

Arriving at Whangarei hospital.

 As soon as we stepped in the hospital I started to get really uncomfortable. I got called in and my Surgeon explained what a sufe is to me I understood a little bit and told my mum that I have to sleep in Whangarei hospital because I have to have surgery tomorrow.  It was a really big day I didn’t think that this will happen. We were admitted and they said that I can do anything I wanted but not eat after 2 am because of my surgery tomorrow.

As I was saying in parts of my post that I may have a sufe, a sufe is your growth bone that is about to slip or has slipped they  have to put a screw in so that it can keep it in place. You take the screw out from your hip about 15 years old or when you have stopped growing.

The next day 

I woke up nice and bright mum said  surgery today I was happy but a bit scared mum said it’s fine you can be scared it’s your first time it’s fine they will put you to sleep and you won't even want to  wake up. You’ll be having the best dream. Before the surgery a lady came to talk to me about things that are going to happen. Like what types of ways they can put me to sleep using anesthesia,  what things can/may happen during and after my surgery. She was really helpful.

Time for  surgery

It was time for  surgery my nurse followed as one of the surgeons came to take me to the theatre room it was really overwhelming. Mum had to wear a gown and she looked like a minion so that lightened my mood.As soon as I  arrived in the room and heaps of people were looking at me and it made me nervous, they all started talking to me and preparing me with needles and tubes.I chose to get it through my I.V (intravenous) I Was asked to count to ten and then I fell asleep. 



When I woke up

.After finishing my surgery they woke me up My mum said I was very dazed and the nurse gave me an ice block to enjoy while she done my obs at 2;30pm a nurse came and got my mum to bring her to the recovery room where she gave me a kiss and waited for me to get wheeled back to my room. By then I was so hungry. Later that night my aunty Mary-Jane and cousin Jaidyss came to visit me and brought my mum and I KFC during their visit we played on the bed using the controller then she took me around the hospital it was really fun having them come and visit me and mum at the hospital it was real cool  seeing them.


Being discharged

Breakfast came and then the surgeons done the rounds and I was told I could go home I was a bit happy but a bit sad because I would miss the yummy food and playing on the bed It came closer to lunch the physio came to take me to learn how to walk up and down stairs it was a little hard but a few tries and it started to get easier and easier. We got back to my room and there was lunch. I really couldn't wait to eat I had Pizza,Ice cream and jelly. After lunch dad had arrived to the hospital we packed up and left to go home. And it was good to be back home with my family.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Isabelle-Paige. We have really missed you in Te Ngahere. I think you are very brave because this would have been really scary. This is a great blog post. Well done for continuing to learn outside of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wheae Chrissy I miss Te Ngahere as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella. Its Taleisha from Te Ngahere. Wow. What you went through during your hip surgery must’ve been very scary. You are very brave and strong! I HATE needles or any type of injection especially blood tests, even though I have never had one. I heard that they are quite painful. I remember having to have an x-ray after being in a car crash because I had an unbearable pain by my hips after banging it on the car door. What did it feel like when you had to go into the x-ray? Keep up the great work Bella!

    ReplyDelete